Inspired by the chicken Marbella dish from The Silver Palate, here is a recipe for Roasted Cauliflower with Plums and Olives. Roasted cauliflower is so hearty and delicious, and the plums and olives + vinaigrette in the recipe add a lot of sweet and sour vibes. Make this vegetarian cauliflower recipe at your next dinner party!
This easy roasted cauliflower dish is inspired by one of my favorite childhood food memories: the classic chicken marbella. My mom used to make chicken marbella when I was a kid in the 90s. When i was recipe testing this recipe, my hands smelled just like my youth. I think the combination of the dried fruits, the olives, and the capers is such a classic combo. Taking a modern twist on a classic recipe from my childhood hits all the good points for today with the added nostalgia to make this one of my favorite recipes.
The name may make it seem complicated, but this is actually a pretty simple recipe to execute.
To make this dish, you're going to marinate the dried fruit + olives + capes in oil. Then add in the vinegar while you roast the veggies.
Once the cauliflower steaks are finished roasting in the oven, you will spoon the marinated dried fruit + olives + capers over it, and sprinkle some parsley on top.
Roasted Cauliflower with Plums and Olives
- ¼ cup of red wine vinegar
- ¼ cup of extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup each of green Spanish olives dried figs, and dried plums
- 1 tablespoon of capers
- 1 whole cauliflower sliced into 1 inch “steak” slices
- To serve: a handful of parsley
- 1.Combine the oil, vinegar, olives, figs, plums and capers in a bowl and let sit while the cauliflower cooks.
- 2.To roast the cauliflower, preheat the oven to 425F. Spray a half sheet roasting pan with nonstick spray and lay the cauliflower steaks with room between them.
- 3.Roast the cauliflower for 45 minutes, flipping halfway through.
- 4.Finish with a handful of coriander and serve.